Monday, February 20, 2012

Blogging About Blogs

Blogging.  I have to say I didn’t like writing them in the first semester and I would be lying if I said that I do now.   I am a firm believer in speaking up only when you have something to say that will benefit others.   In other words, I am not a “talk to hear your own voice” kind of person and I never was one for journaling, and that is what I feel like I am doing with a blog at this point.  Perhaps one day, when I have nothing else to do, blogging will become a passion of mine, but today is not that day. 
It’s not that I don’t see the value in blogging, especially in Education.  I simply don’t understand who has the time for it!  I barely have time to check out other people’s blogs and when I do, it is usually in search of a resource.  That being said, I do think that it is important to understand how to set-up and maintain a blog in the event that, one day, I do have loads of time on hands and something I’m just burning to share with the world.  But the real reason why I think it is important to understand blogging is for its possible integration in the classroom.  So, I will remain open-minded as I search for some realistic and engaging uses for blogging with fourth graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment